View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3228201)   #23
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A slightly different slant on the spectator aspect. From the in car video, there only seemed to be two places on the circuit where spectators had access.

So from my perspective and for those who go to get decent photographs, what was it like for an amateur photographer/spectator? Are spectators confined to a couple of enclosures or are they able to wander around for close up views of different corners? Are they so far back from the track that they need a 1000mm lens?

Bearing in mind the initial development was very much a motorists' country club type of arrangement, rather than a 340 days a year commercial track like HD or Taupo, this has a huge impact on the attractiveness for paying spectators.

There appears to be a lot of concrete very close to the track edge (rather like the 'new' Pukekohe) which I don't really understand, given they started with a clean sheet of paper and there is obviously plenty of land.