View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2013, 07:24 (Ref:3259593)   #362
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to Alex E for pointing me in the direction of Sports Car Digest's photos of the event. They really highlight the quality of all the grids present, although the photographer does seem to have a slight bias towards CSLs when snapping touring cars!

REPORT HERE

Few days ago bumped into my workshop ex-neighbour. Ian worked for Broadspeed in the 70s and on seeing Canary all scruffy with lamps fitted related some of the trials and tribulations of running a Broadspeed RS1600 at Spa 24hrs in 1972! Sounded like hard work. When I mentioned the gorgeous Douglas Titford owned 'Kent' RS2600 Capri that was at Spa he then told me some stories of building and running the car in period. Really need to sit down with him over several beverages one day and just listen......