View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3740943)   #84
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah, those blasted magazines, being a figment of imagination! I hate when magazines just don't exist, especially when they don't exist as printed paper and stuff!

If someone says it's in there, it's probably in there. Doesn't make it true, but I don't doubt the article exists. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours didn't start with Marcus - that was just the first really good article on it. The Audi leaving Le Mans rumours were going since, oh I don't know, about 2003.
Audi Sport to F1 rumors have existed since after they won Le Mans in 2000. Remember that everyone and their brother in LMP900 and LMGTP aside from Audi defected to F1 or other series after 1999.

People try and make the F1 connection by Auto Union (predecessor to present day Audi, and where Audi got their four rings logo from) running in Grand Prix racing (predecessor to modern day F1) prior to World War II.