View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2010, 13:30 (Ref:2770317)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix;
In the history of the Constructors Championship, there have only been two car manufacturers who have one it - Ferrari and Renault...

However there have been 10 engine manufacturers that have won...
that just sounds too crazy to be true, but it is. I suppose you could say Honda came close but close doesn't account for much. if past history is anything to go by, the only conclusion I can draw is the the 'manufacturer era' has been a complete failure. not just in terms of victory but also in terms of the condition of the sport and the spend spend spend attitude all the teams have now adopted to the detriment of sustainable development.

when I first read the story I though wow what great news, but your perspective on it makes me now think its better if the manu's just stick to what they know and supply engines.