View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3764643)   #18
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What I find interesting in this and the team thread, is how the fact that Mercedes seemed to win comfortably is viewed.

In the teams thread, they are picking up all the votes - but surely the same argument is true that they had the best car and found it easy? All the work to produce the best car was done months and years ago, not at this race.

Was Hamilton's performance any less worthy than the teams?

What would be interesting is if we set markers during the weekend of what you would expect a team or driver to deliver in the results. I can't see how Hamilton could have done anything more at this GP, having set a qualifying time over a second faster than anyone else in those conditions, and then turned that into a comfortable win on Sunday?