View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3754569)   #151
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
As I've said before its only the music that will sell this event and yes if it was something like the Foo Fighters or Coldplay plus support acts then I'm sure tickets would sell but my feeling is its aimed more at the younger market, therefore could be something like Stormzy or scepta which I wouldnt pay £5 to see!
The thing is you could put on a concert with those acts at Silverstone and charge those prices - without any need to involve the rallycross. You could then have a stand alone rallycross event without any of the other **** and charge sensible prices. If the music acts are big names then the rallycross becomes an irrelevant sideshow, if the music acts aren't big names then how do you justify the ticket prices?