Thread: Race Control...
View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2016, 04:10 (Ref:3620757)   #42
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Thanks for the advice, I never would have found.

I've gone thru their 2016 Operations Manual from Div A to Div F and can't seem to find any mention of the penalty for not loading 140L of fuel.

Can anyone please help?

Also why was the penalty changed from 30 seconds to 60 seconds in the middle of the night.
All good. The ops manual has been on the V8 website for years, interestingly they used to also have sup regs for each event there but they've stopped doing that for some reason.

The applicable penalties might be in the sup regs.

In regard to the change of penalty after the race (not the middle of the night) please see my post above.

Gotta say that it was a messy Sunday at Clipsal, no doubt about it.

In my view it is made worse by the powers that be getting too cute on the time certain cutoff - it seems to only take a small delay or SC period to move a race into time certain status and to me that is just wrong. It time certain was based on an extra half hour over expected completion, that would probably make more sense.

To me, the 140 litre requirement has always been something of a problem - if some engines aren't competitive on fuel consumption, then they need to adjust their engines and strategy accordingly.