View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3727651)   #110
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to say I was sceptical of the Code 60 before I saw it in action, but I'm converted. Everyone moving at a constant slow speed is much easier to deal with. They're slowed within a few seconds meaning you can get on with it quicker and there's no problem with cars pitting and trying to catch up suddenly arriving at race pace.

No reason why it wouldn't work at Bathurst just the same. You can put a marshal on point duty ahead of the clear up to direct the cars to the side as required. 60kph is basically road speed so no different from doing the same as normal road traffic.

Returning on a flat top is fine. I don't know Bathurst (yet!) but I suspect there are no internal roads so not much alternative.