View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2644710)   #68
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport View Post
My reckoning is that the car in the photos being rebuilt in Rothmans livery is in fact Jan Arthur Iversen's own Glomma Papp sponsored rallycross, ice-racing and hillclimb car.

Sorry all - I have fallen for the oldest trick in the 'researchers' book - I have jumped to a conclusion!
The Iversens had quite a lot of cars IIRC- father and son ran a pair of RS200s, (later with very distinctive reworked rear bodywork that seemed to be unique to their cars) in the European Rallycross championship, and also, as you mentioned, had at least one 6R4, and a 2wd Porsche. Sponsorship always came from 'Glomma Papp' (think they were in the paper business?)

From vague memory, the 6R4 turned up to at least one UK event- think it may have been a Brands Rallycross GP, and with one of the RS200s out of action (either a shunt or an engine failure), either the father or son entered the Metro instead- as you do....