View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3786654)   #119
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hasn't one of the main failings been that the Honda suffered from internal vibrations that caused the PUs and components to become extremely fragile?

This doesn't seem to have been discussed lately.
That's the bit that I kept hearing over and over (when I say hearing, I mean podcasts and news reports, I don't have inside knowledge!). The engine performed fine on a test bed, but then rattled itself to bits in a car.

Do the testing regulations allow you to shove the engine in another car (say, an NSX Super GT car) for testing, to see if it's the car causing it?

I know it's been said that McLaren ignored Hondas cooling recommendations, but playing devils advocate - was it ignored because it required so much cooling that it was clearly a huge issue? If it requires such babying, you could argue the car would've been last anyway, and people would blame McLaren for the bad car. By ignoring the cooling, you get to blow up the engine a lot, and blame Honda, whilst still being last anyway.