Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3880442)   #3431
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
This is a perfect example of too much information killing some of the joy. I read anyopenroad's post about his trip to Daytona. It read a lot like I remember my trips to Sebring. Just pure fun, with no worries about the behind the scenes stuff that caused it to be that way.

And here, he again is expressing his enjoyment of watching cool looking, fast cars putting on a good race. But carbsmith, who I know is on here enough to be informed and follow all the politics, bop, what has been done to separate dpi and p2, etc, sees the negativity in what went into making these cool looking, fast cars put on a good show.

There's nothing wrong with either point of view, but I sort of wish sometimes I could go back to not knowing all the politics and enjoying the racing more purely like I used to years ago. (Doesn't hurt that being at the race, maybe anyopenroad was able to miss out on guiseppe risi's dour, negative interview about bop.

*This is the closest I will ever get to a "things were better back in my day" type post.
Yep, being at the track almost completely removes all the political BS so it's all fun and joy left at the scene, making for good times (except when the weather doesn't corporate...). I'm glad I can still get that feeling pretty much at any race track with any racing series.