View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3264429)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have a huge passion for motorsport, inparticular Sportscars and Touring Cars. I attend as many events as I can, including the British GT, BTCC and I've been to what is now the FIA GT series as well. I have a very good knowladge, (well at least I think I do )
That certainly helps!

Quote:
I know that I'm not going to be the next F1 commentator for the BBC
Yes, they seem less keen to pay for major sports broadcasting. However, if you do things well, you surely can work at the top of the game.

Quote:
What should I be aiming for?
Well, that's yours to decide. There's writing (includes websites), television (includes web streaming) and radio (includes podcasts). Some people do all of them. But don't choose that now, life will tell you.

I also don't recommend you to focus in this or that category. Decent journalists can switch easily ever few years.

About studying, do journalism, of course. But don't just take classes.

As others have said, learn about motorsports. From the drivers and teams, to the different disciplines around the world. All the technical stuff you learn will also help: mechanics, physics, strategy, psychology.

Then, practise. Do news articles, analysis and opinion pieces - on both text, audio and video. And learn from the best of the best: read, hear and watch the best journalists of the world - not just motorsport guys, not just sports journalists.

Be professional: work hard, be honest, be respectful. And enjoy life!