View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2013, 20:00 (Ref:3269117)   #17
Liam Jenkins
Rookie

Liam Jenkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
A couple of years ago there was a similar 16 year old who was given an opportunity alongside the regular commentator at Brands.
He was excellent, he commentated on a couple of races at a high profile meeting.
Apart from being fluent, he had done his research and knew about all the teams. Moreover he understood race strategy and was knowledgeable about the drivers history.

There was comments here on 1010ths, maybe a search could help.

He made some of the old timers look vulnerable but sadly I have not heard of him since.
Hiya my name is Liam Jenkins and I'm not too sure but you may be mentioning me? I won the Autosport International Commentary competition and as a prize got to commentate on the Formula 3 at Brands Hatch back in 2012. I'm not sure if you were talking about me but if you were I would like to say thank you so so much for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. I am still here! I commentated on the BARC Finals at Thruxton and have now been hired by Simraceway as their official commentator. (If you want to hear my voice to confirm or deny then here is a link for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0VIUsRFPPc) If it isn't me then this is very awkward, hehe but seriously if it is thank you so so much this has made my day!

Regarding getting into commentary I would recommend sim racing for experience. Contact some leagues that conduct live streams who may well need a reserve commentator and push up from there. I started out there in 2011 and had the chance to interview Anthony Davidson at the WEC at Silverstone! The one tip I would give above all is to not give up, it's a tough world and you may very well get rejected or put down but use it as motivation to turn their heads and make them go "wow this guy has some talent". If you don't give up, you'll never lose! Anything else I can help with please let me know

Liam