View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2996500)   #1227
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
No, they're just trying to get the best team possible. Which, to be fair, I think they've just about done

The BBC deserve no sympathy as they were the ones who orchestrated this whole thing anyway. Your anger should be directed at them for cost-cutting, not Sky for trying to build the best coverage
I do blame the BBC for selling out but also Bernie for demanding such vast amounts of money and pricing companies out of the running. He had a say in things and chose money over audience numbers. It remains to be seen if this will be good for the British fans or not. Having a dedicated F1 channel full of content is all great, but if 80% of the true fans just can't afford it, then its the economy of the sport that is going to lose out in the long run. I can't imagine Sky will continue to fund an expensive team of presenters and crew to attend every race if subscriptions don't meet the required limit. We could be faced in two years time with Sky trying to get out of their contract and the sport trying to attract fans back on FTA. I've got nothing against Sky apart from the expense of having it.