View Single Post
Old 9 Jan 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3491422)   #92
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Yep, loads of huge bbq's with all sorts on offer including turkey legs that were more Ostrich sized.
Back in 2004 I went to a business conference in Orlando that was located next to the Universal Studios complex.

Stayed an extra day to "do" the site and, feeling peckish come lunchtime, I thought a small turkey leg had to be tried. So, "small" turkey leg, "Small" coke and about $5 lighter in the wallet I set about luncheon.

2 hours later I had barely started the leg and was totally gassed out by about 5 gallons of Coke. It was about 90f at the time and I had come to realise that there was no seating or shade for anyone who was snacking off the fast food stands rather than eating in the more expensive serviced restaurants.

I wondered if I could make the leg last for a few more days but being scheduled to fly on to the next destination in the morning I realised that was probably not an option no matter how sensible it seemed at the time.

Have to say it was a great leg.

I noticed a couple of days ago that the local Coop had a small offering of what they called Turkey Legs. Quite large but compared to proper American legs they looked more like something small sparrow would have provided.