Old 10 Jan 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3491606)   #99
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well, RAF Coltishall that I mentioned earler closed in 2006, and is still waiting for decisions to be made on the way forward!

Home to Hurricanes (Bader was based there at one point) and Spits during the war, then used as a V Bomber 'dispersal' base, through Gloster Javelins (that I watched and heard every day while growing up) and Lightnings to SEPECAT Jaguars and Air Sea Rescue, with BBMF based in the hangers also for several years, I find it disappointing to know that the place is gradually crumbling away. There was even a suggestion of giving the land back to the local farmers from whom it was compulsory purchased in 1939. That would have been better than the situation we have now!

Think there are still housing plans under consideration, but whether the infrastructure can cope is another question.....
Mike while I was in the UK in 96 I was offered a tour of Coltishall but as I has left my RAAF pass home in Aussie had to decline the invite. Terrence RAAF base Amberley 35miles away from my home was home to our F-111 nicknamed The PIG hence my sig.