Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3782414)   #817
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Didn't Kubica already prove he can drive the "more physically demanding 2017 cars" in Hungary?
I don't doubt that he can drive a current F1 car and do so impressively. The point I was making was, that was a test season.

Would he de able to deal with a situation where perhaps the power steering is failing in the last 10 laps. Would he be able to muscle the car home to stay in a points position?

Does he have the hand/arm/shoulder strength to hold onto the steering wheel and keep it straight or prevent a spin when in for example tyre to tyre contact in a T1 situation?

And a final point, how would his body cope with a hard impact following contact or a car failure? I don't mean getting out the car, he's proven he can do the time. I'm meaning the next session, the next day, the next race.

We saw with Wehrlein if what I read was correct, the final race that he missed after the RoC accident, wasn't that he couldn't drive but to give more recovery time so that if he had an impact it wouldn't undo the recovery to that point.