Thread: Szisz's Tracks
View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3594570)   #17
Szisz
Rookie

Szisz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
Good effort with the ovals, they are really tricky on sketchup.

I'm not sure about these airfield circuits, a lot seem too long, with straights of over a mile in length which wouldn't really be realistic. Instead of using the whole airport, maybe try using only a section, say one runway and its surrounding taxiways. This might help to create more believable design, both in track layout and in its feasability (since the airport may still function with its other facilities.... maybe...?)

Lets see some more!
Thanks for the comments on the ovals, always nice to hear compliments.

Here are a couple more airfield circuits that I'd done before you posted the feedback:

Leuchars
This one is quite long at four miles, and has a flat-out section that's nearly a mile long, but is broadly a technical track. Maybe it could do with the odd chicane or two.

Yeovilton
A much shorter circuit at about three miles, with lots of short straights, breaking zones and technical turns in the first sector. Again, though, the middle part of the lap is flat out for a long time. I should probably have turned right after turn twelve to shorten the lap.

- - -

So, if I review my airfield circuits so far, ruling out any unwieldy-long circuits and circuits with excessively long straights, I probably end up with the following from best to worst:

Adquate
1. St Louis
2. La Guardia
3. Luton
4. Stansted
5. Waddington

Inadequate
6. Brize Norton
7. Yeovilton
8. Leuchars
9. Lossiemouth
10. Honington

Horrible
11. Gatwick
12. Boscombe Down
13. Atlanta
14. Glasgow

Are there any you'd pick out as particularly good or bad examples to help me in the future?