View Single Post
Old 26 May 2001, 05:24 (Ref:96738)   #2
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is there a used car salesman (he doesn't have to own up) among our members? Please help !!
I used to be , but not any more.

You will allmost always get more for your car if you sell it privately rather than trading it in.

When you got to a dealer to trade in your vehicle they work on profit margins. If your trade is worth $10000 to sell, they will offer you somewhere around $5000-$8000 for it as a trade in. You cant go into a dealership with a tradin figure in your head and stick to it , because every dealer will be different. So have biggr margins in their cars than others. What you have too look at is the change over price. One dealer may offer you $10000 on a $40000 car, so you have to pay $30000. The next dealer could offer you $7000 on a $$35000 car, so all you pay is $28000. So change over is the all important figure. New car prices on the same vehicle can vary up to $5000 and more from dealer to dealer. I tcan be vey confusing.

If you are going to sell your car privately and dont know what it is worth, have a lok at the trading post, car yards , weekend papers and on the net at some of the cites such as carsales.com.au. You can get a fair indication of what it is worht from there. Dont go to your local dealer and ask as this usually anoys them and they will usually lowball it or give you a very high figure just to get you excited and then you spend months trying to sell your overpriced car.

To sell your car privately the trading post is probably the way to go.Plenty of people read it and it is also on the net.

Good luck

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either