Thread: LM24 Le Mans Trap Speeds
View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2007, 23:29 (Ref:1955681)   #71
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssss
Uuh, and concerning the 2007 trap speeds - just one more observation: it's now obvious that Audi aren't telling the whole truth about the true performance of the R10, because officially, they claimed the car has a top speed "in the region of 330 km/h", just as with the R8. But if the R8 hit a maximum of 330 km/h indeed at Le Mans (2002), in 2007 the R10 already went 339 km/h (which is rather a speed in the region of 340 km/h), and who knows how much faster it can actually go?...

In fact, I heard a rumor that the R10 actually hit 354 km/h on a private test (or test day - can't remember exactly). And I also read on mulsannescorner.com that there is a rumor of the R10 going 350 km/h on Paul Ricard, which definitely means they can do at least that on Le Mans too if they really want to. It's just hillarious that they didn't bother to push harder than 326 km/h in 2006 while others did 332 km/h... Audi seem to be playing some kind of a game against the others...
I've noticed most manufactuers quote the speed they achieve at Le Mans, or thereabouts, when asked about top speed.

I've no doubt the R10 could top 240mph if it was the old Mulsanne and the car was optimised.

Audi run lots of downforce, so quite often aren't the quickest on top speed.

Last edited by JAG; 5 Jul 2007 at 23:33.