View Single Post
Old 3 May 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3068911)   #258
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross
Higgins is focused on another Rally America title with Subaru Team USA. Subaru USA are a huge supporter of rallycross because it brings their prowess to a wider audience than rallying ever can.
That figures. Shame if he doesn't come back to the GRC (or X-Games at least), given that he made it to the podium last year.

Comparing the performance between X-Games 16 and 17 the GR Imprezas - although they looked virtually the same - were like two completely different cars performance wise.

As a Subaru supporter X-Games 16 was painful to watch: it was just a series of breakages and failures from cars that were obviously being pushed way beyond what they were built for (which figures as it seemed like they had just take the RA Open Class rally cars and tried to step them up as rallycross cars). Isachsens car lasted less then a lap if I recall, which just seemed a huge waste.

At X-Games 17 the cars were far more competitive though, plus they seemed to run the whole weekend without any major issues (I know Mirra had a little pre-jump moment, but thats all I can remember). Vermont had a few videos up of the GR build for XG17 and the cars "looked" more like proper rallycross cars as well (if that makes sense).