View Single Post
Old 4 May 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3069291)   #263
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Yes, have seen the track layout for Charlotte and this will be similar for Texas from what I understand. Uses the pitlane, front straight of the oval and the mini ovals. Cool jump and a couple of other surprises that I am not sure if I am allowed to share.

My guess is the tracks will be fast but have a true hairpin which should look really cool on the e-brake. In theory a lot of overtaking points although some drivers seem to see anything as a "gap"

Most impressively is that it is on the front straight away at these speedways and not tucked away. On the Saturday we should be an hour or so after the Nationwide race so could still have 40-60,000 people in attendance. At Texas we are the warm-up for the IndyCar race that night.
One observation on the location, and that is when NASCAR have accidents on the exit of T4 on Tri-ovals ... wreckage or avoiding cars and sometimes both end up on the Grass infield of the tri-oval.

Not sure how having a RallyX set up in the middle of that is going to work?