Count 'Johnny' Spinoza
Rookie

United Kingdom
South London
Count 'Johnny' Spinoza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixermark View Post
what !! CJS recommends a radical !

hows that machine of yours doing anyway ??
Hello Stranger

Yes. Shocking isn’t it!

But as I said above, if you want to actually DRIVE a solid bike engined sports racing car (and don’t want to spend an absolutely fortune developing a car and sitting in it while the wheels fall off; the brakes melt; and the suspension collapses) then a Radical is the kiddie.

In fairness to Speads, most of the problems that I’ve described, above, came to pass because - as you know – we went mad with the aero; added a shed load more downforce; and more or less doubled the wheel rates to keep the whole deal off the ground. This said - even if you leave well alone – a Speads owner will never enjoy the easy life; spares availability; and support package that The Big R can offer.

As for my car, as you may know, I hit oil in qualifying at Brands and dinged the LHS on the Armco. The damage wasn’t too heavy but, what with most of the damaged parts being one-offs, they are time consuming and expensive to replace.

As was also, at the time, 3 month’s away from getting married and the look of complete hatred that my, then, fiancé gave me whenever she sensed that my thoughts were drifting towards repairing the car before our wedding I can’t describe.

However, the deed is now done; I’ve pushed the go button for the repairs, and we’ll be good to go for early testing and a full season.

But I’ve said that before haven’t I….