View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3589762)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah the CO2 allegations are a new level of bad for the company.

so i own a 2014 Jetta 1.8: TSI and to be honest i have never felt i have gotten the advertised gas mileage. no doubt most of it comes down to how i drive so i dismissed it to city driving, tires, the cold of Winnipeg etc but with this i have to wonder if there is a larger issue.

that said, everyone who owns an affected VW have at their fingertips a fuel mileage display (but who knows how well those even work)...if they were actually interested in fuel usage would they have/should they have noticed they were not getting what was advertised. perhaps they explained it away as i did.

but given the number of cars involved, im curious as to either why this took so long before anyone actually looked into this and/or how VW though they could get away with this for as long as they did?