View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3429167)   #24
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
I disagree with that statement mark. Happy to compare accounts with you any time on the costs of 2kcup vs the utes but I don't see why the need to knock either series. I will say you will see 2 full grids this season of 2kcup cars this year with loads of competitive driving. I'm sure many of the including me have Sabelt seats as you were an original supporter of the 2kcup class

I would say the top 2kcup boys would give your ute boys and girls more than a fight. But happy to be proven wrong Mr Petch

2kcup has had it first year on to year 2 The lasts years series champ is coming back so is 2,3,4 the guy in 5th is looking for other challengers and is currently beating evos and wrx at his most recent rally down in wairapa. So that says to me the class is in pretty good shape but I know in America similar classes have waiting lists to join so work is still to be done.

Good to see other classes thinking about costs and racing each other not the bank. All the best for the new class. I look forward to seeing 30 utes doing battle but don't limit yourself to that aim for totally full grids increasing each year. Sorry to hijack you thread a little

Not knocking the 2K Cup at all FD, Autoquip/Racer products support the 2K Cup as you allude to, what I am saying is that you can fettle the 2K cup cars and most of the front runners are putting a fair bit of effort into the allowable upgrades, as well as the cars set-up's camber, castor, toe's, brake pads, dampers etc, and if you don't have that expertise yourself then you have to pay somebody that does.

None of the above is permissible in the SARS utes, everything has to be the same and we have made tools and jigs to ensure that nobody can get away with tweaking anything put the tyre pressures and how much fuel you elect to put in the vehicle.

Granted the entry level is much higher in the SARS ute because you are buying/leasing a brand new vehicle that has a long useful life after racing, but both categories offer genuinely low running costs which attracts more people into our sport and that has to be a good thing.