View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2281274)   #62
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
Although one must admit that the large-scale cattle-raising necessary for our meat-heavy diet is an invention of the late 19th and 20th century.
It is, but in that time we have also killed off almost all the free range grazers in the world as well as the predators that used to live on them. So instead of the wolf/tiger/lion eating the moose/bison/deer we instead have humans eating cows and sheep. Sure, it would be better if we ate more vegies, pork and birds, but grazers releasing greenhouse gases that new grass growing "recycled" again has been going on since before man first stood on his hind legs.

Quote:
Could be the best of both worlds, eh? Denmark getting a spectacular V8-championship and Scandinavia getting finally a full-grid-touringcar series that will truely rival BTCC.

My cynicism tells me, though, that if Denmark indeed drops S2000 only very few teams will cross over to STCC and the V8-championship will be flop with weak grids.
We would only need few more teams to "fill up the grids" though. Most tracks we have here unfortunately are too short and twisty to fit much more than 25-30 cars without things getting too messy. So these "slightly larger than a kart track" tracks we have sort of fit well with smaller grids. :P

Quote:
maybe they can still turn it around to get another few years out of that ruleset- and then it'll be good to already have some proven alternatives.
I really think forcing 1-2 medium distance races (1h+) per season would force everybody to build more sturdy racecars that didnt need to change so many expensive parts so often. Would do a lot cost savings wise.