View Single Post
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3302114)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Exactly there hasnt been an extreme downturn since the introduction of the DW12 that you could attribute to this change - hence the problems are beyond this.

Why you feel the need to continually beat on about the look of the car, whilst proclaiming the apocalypse I am unsure.

The car is what it is and its what the series has at least for the foreseeable future.
Extreme or otherwise there's been a downturn in TV viewing figures and this will translate into less advertising revenue. I'm not proclaiming the apocalypse just stating the obvious.

I personally think the look of the car has a negative affect but that aside. The problem the teams face is two fold, firstly the chassis costs much than originally foreseen and secondly spare parts have to be purchased from Dallara, because of the deal the IRL did with them, at a much higher cost than going to a 3rd party and this makes it extremely hard, especially for the smaller teams to operate, within their budgets.