Old 15 Sep 2013, 12:40 (Ref:3304215)   #83
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
Show an event like the 2013 Baltimore race or Sonoma to a bunch of F1 fans, and almost all of them will probably ask, "Why would I want to watch something like this ever again?". Showing a race where half of time is spent under yellow is like begging the viewer to change the channel. What other things look terrible and could be better? Boring street courses where cars bounce like basketballs on uneven pavement and where cars have nowhere to go but to crash into the walls? Amateurish drivers who constantly crash into each other and make Maldonado look like a saint? The frequent yellows that turn everyone's strategy into a lottery by the end of race? After so many yellows, at the end of day I often have a hard time seeing whether the front runners are there because they were fast, or maybe they just got lucky with the yellows coming at the right time. Forget the ugly cars. I could live with them. There is just no good flow to many of IndyCars races. This was the case before 2012 as well. Solution? Give us more road courses in the schedule. Also, do something about full course cautions. Learn something from F1's local yellows.
BINGO!! We have a winner.

Could not have said it better myself.