View Single Post
Old 30 May 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3645909)   #33
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't mind all the fillers. I don't enjoy them but in mettet they just had an empty track for an hour or so and this is better than that. I'd rather time was filled with ERX or touring car but appreciate that biggest dictate they can't be at all events. The Group B demo was good for a filler (especially Saturday as they actually raced, on Sunday there was a no overtaking rule). Swifts would be a good filler too.

Rig riot is an absolute shocker. It was appalling at mettet, the content of the songs is not at all OK for families and it is deafeningly loud. Hate the fact they put it on during the racing. If you have to have it for half hour during the breaks then OK, but not during the races.

Racing was excellent, driving standards very high apart from some clowns in s1600 (Zanni and a Russian fool in a Twingo). Some really good clean battles off the joker lap too. Really exciting when they are door handling all the way down the Dover Slope! Some cracking fights in S1600 too.

My biggest gripe, and this is modern WRX not just Lydden, is the reluctance to throw a red flag. They will quote TV schedule which is absolute nonsense. There were plenty of gaps at mettet and Lydden to squeeze in delays. Someone is going to get seriously hurt, we've been saying for a while and it will happen. This time a car landed on another and then caught fire, it's just a matter of time til someone is in the stationary car. Sadly I think it will take a big accident for people to learn.