View Single Post
Old 31 May 2016, 08:00 (Ref:3645994)   #34
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
The Group B demo was good for a filler (especially Saturday as they actually raced, on Sunday there was a no overtaking rule).
Definitely racing on the Saturday weren't they? 3 6R4s going into the North Bend squabbling over track position was excellent. I did overhear one of the drivers being 'told off' in the paddock - apparently there wasn't supposed to be overtaking on Saturday either!

Quote:
Rig riot is an absolute shocker. It was appalling at mettet, the content of the songs is not at all OK for families and it is deafeningly loud. Hate the fact they put it on during the racing. If you have to have it for half hour during the breaks then OK, but not during the races.
Agree on all points. Regarding the content of the 'music' at Mettet - I've found that on Dutch radio (possibly also Belgian?) that songs don't have the swearing bleeped out - nearly choked the first time I heard Eminem on Dutch radio!

Quote:
Racing was excellent, driving standards very high apart from some clowns in s1600 (Zanni and a Russian fool in a Twingo).
Was that the guy that span off going into Chessons then took out the Ka when he rejoined?

Quote:
Some really good clean battles off the joker lap too. Really exciting when they are door handling all the way down the Dover Slope! Some cracking fights in S1600 too.
S1600 always seems to produce good racing at Lydden - I've not seen it anywhere else - it it always the best class for racing?

Quote:
My biggest gripe, and this is modern WRX not just Lydden, is the reluctance to throw a red flag. They will quote TV schedule which is absolute nonsense. There were plenty of gaps at mettet and Lydden to squeeze in delays. Someone is going to get seriously hurt, we've been saying for a while and it will happen. This time a car landed on another and then caught fire, it's just a matter of time til someone is in the stationary car. Sadly I think it will take a big accident for people to learn.
Most series now don't like to throw a red - full course yellow, virtual safety car, safety car all being preferred options - none of which would work in rallycross as the races are so short. Just chuck out a red flag and go again. There's time in the schedule as long as it's not every single race being flagged and even then they could shuffle the order and prioritise the Supercars for TV time and stick the others onto the end of the schedule once the TV window has closed.