View Single Post
Old 31 May 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3646044)   #41
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Rig Riot - just no. For a venue with noise issues that is just plain stupid
Had exactly the same thought myself: all the talk about quietening cars down, yet they were playing music at volume throughout the weekend. The rig riot on Saturday was absolutely ridiculous. I was sat in a car parked half way up the hill (so basically opposite the rig riot) and I was having to raise my voice to have a conversation.

At least they seemed to turn the volume down on Sunday but, as others have said, I personally don't want to hear music over the sounds of racing. Have the stand playing music if they must, but not at high volume.

That moan aside, I still had an enjoyable weekend. Some really good racing in all the classes, though the Super 1600's stood out in particular. Huge numbers of people there on the Sunday. Glad to see the track using some sense with regards to traffic/parking management.

The Focus should, in theory, have been quick at Lydden so I was glad to see Bakkerud on the pace. Damn shame that the car let him down in the final. Interesting comments with regards to the setup of the Focus. With M-Sport's having zero rallycross experience with the Focus I wonder if they have used their previous experience with the Focus (WRC) as a starting point? (though I appreciate that was for a different Focus chassis).

Disappointed that Block didn't fare better. Given the pace he has shown in Europe in the past I can't help but think he isn't suited to the Focus. I would love to sit in the drivers seat of the Focus as, although I'm sure the layout provides the optimal weight distribution, I can't help but think that the position of the drivers seat must make it a very difficult car to drive.

Fantastic driving from some of the supercar drivers, as has been said the commitment from the front runners is massive. Impressive performance from Kevin Hansen and some spectacular driving from Petter. Watching Solberg during semi-final one was incredible: ditch-hooking at the elbow and fully sideways through Paddock Hill bend. Not great driving for the tyres though! A very smart drive from Ekstrom though.

Damn shame that the Group B cars couldn't be given a bit more of a thrashing, but it was still great to see them there. Drift is a relevant filler for Lydden so I personally had no problem with that or Terry Grant. Would much rather see them than an empty track!