Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3754335)   #2823
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
Repeat, to me the quickest solution is to rebadge gibson engine.
90% of average joe isn't intersted about tech. data and simply don't care if mazda dpi isn't powered by a mazda proper motor.

After all how many races and championship has audi won in last 15 DTM seasons using a audi badged honda unit?
That's NEVER going to happen with Mazda, they like the little engine and they'll ride it to the end. They like using 'their' products and have adopted that MZR-R as their own. There's zero chance they will switch to the Gibson over enlarging their lump. Dyson managed to break their RS spyders, other ways than engine I believe, so that's not really fair to compare their work to what Joest can and will do. It seems from multiple sources and interviews the car needs cooling and lots of it that the current Riley doesn't provide. I think Joest can work FAR beyond what you think they can, and are willing to tell Mazda what has to be done and WILL be done or they will fire Mazda.

It's not a matter of fans, MAZDA likes the MZR-R. Most of us here know it's nothing like the I4 in the street cars so using that argument to say they should go to the V8 cause who cares is a non-starter. The bosses seem to care and they write the checks. They beat the diesel horse until it became apparent they weren't going to make the street car. If they were still doing the Mazda 6 Diesel, they would have lobbied IMSA to keep a diesel allowance and kept running.