View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3558451)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
had a bit of a think about this.

if this was out in the real world and she was a professional driver in another area of work, then i hate to say it but it would have been her "fault" for driving a dodgy vehicle or not preparing herself adeqately to drive it safely and then having an accident.

the company must provide a vehicle that works but if they don't the onus is on the driver to hand the keys back and go "it failed my daily checks, i'm not accepting it" or find another driver and go "mate, i need some help, i've never driven a gearbox and clutch like this before. can you come and spend a few minutes giving me some basic pointers?". if you drive into something when you're parking up it's your fault for not getting out and asking them to move it/not hitting it in the first place. if you were already aware that the clutch was being odd you make allowances for that eg take more space, get some advice from an experienced driver about how to mitigate it or you park it up and call out the recovery boys.

f1 is slightly different, but not at the same time. if the driver enters out into the field without knowing how to drive something the authorities would come down on them like a tonne of bricks should something happen, but be critical of the company for not making information available for drivers. sounds rather like whats happened in the report.