View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1716182)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875
I'm driving a Ford BA Falcon wagon (estate), to fill in a few details for you UK folk it's a 4.0L 6cyl with 182kW (~240hp) and 380Nm torque, 4sp auto. It's big (>5m long) and goes (reasonably) fast but doesn't use too much fuel, approx 11L/100km or 26mpg average with more city than hwy driving. I haven't timed a 0-60 but it should be under 8sec comfortably even with quite a tall first gear. Even though it is the base model it has cruise, a/c, power front windows, power drivers seat, trip computer & other useful stuff.

I have one of these sitting in the driveway right now too... its an evaluation vehicle owned by FoMoCo... for our 200+ commercial traveller fleet.

Its an XT model, which is well equipped as you suggest... this one is on LPG... and I am not particularly a fan of the gas tank under the cargo area, and the spare tyre in the load space. It has a cargo cage as well...

Its not my cup of tea in driving terms... and am not sure its better than the VZ Commodore I had last week, or certainly the Toyota Rav4 I had under evaluation a couple of weeks ago
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House