Old 15 Jul 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2727039)   #33
Ferlaren
Rookie

United Kingdom
Orpington, Kent
Ferlaren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Degerlund View Post
[QUOTE=Steve917;2726481]As far as I know the paddock area at the back of the pits has never been open for public access at the bigger meetings in recent years. The GP paddock as they call it is the outer paddock area behind paddock hill and I think the reason they include this in the pit walkabout ticket is because at some of the bigger meets the pit walk has been cancelled so avoid having to give a refund they included access to the outer paddock.

No, the GP Paddock is the area behind the pits, the area outside the track is the Outer Paddock. The only Pit Walkabout is on Sunday morning at 9:00 and is restricted to the pit lane, not the GP paddock.
Yes, but in recent years as far as I can remember, if the pit walk is cancelled, you are able to exchange your pit walk pass (it is entitled for exchanges and refunds!) for a WTCC paddock pass. This happened only on the Saturday, but you can get into the paddock. The only paddock restriction is the BTCC, which is not allowed for the general paying public.