View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3273743)   #65
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
I know people who won't even buy apps that are 69p because they feel they can get something else for free. Its silly but that is life.

10 tenths isn't the most active forum I am involved with and I must say my input here is limited because most of my contributions are done through Tapatalk 2 and this one doesn't appear in the list.
From what I believe, the latest version of TapaTalk is now free as they are concentrating on selling branded versions of the app to individual forum owners. Tenths should appear on the list of sites though. On my Android phone I can find it with a search on ten-tenths and also in the sports/motorsports directory.

Quote:
I haven't paid the subscription myself because I don't really know what I would be getting for my money other than a pass to use an app I already own?
  • A nice warm fuzzy feeling that you're supporting the site.
  • You can choose to turn off the advertising block in most places on Ten-Tenths (web version).
  • You can start and maintain your own "Blog".
  • You can upload a custom Avatar without having the normal 250 posts.
  • Double storage space for Private Messages (200).
  • Ability to send Private Messages to up to 10 users at once.
  • Can upload attachments in more forums.
  • Access to Tenths through Tapatalk app for mobile devices.
Quote:
Not a rant as I am well aware posting here is a privilege and not a right. Just a thought on how I think this place could be opened up to the wider audience but appreciate it needs to earn money from somewhere too. Not every forum can run on Google advert funding alone.
I thought long and hard about the decision to make TapATalk a "subscriber only" service. My feeling was that with the increase in screen size and functionality of the browsers on mobile devices that Tenths was available on these and that asking users to pay the princely sum of £0.03 a day for the convenience of accessing Tenths advert free on all devices was a pretty good deal.

Maybe it's time for me to reconsider.