Thread: LM24 Tartiflette
View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2014, 21:42 (Ref:3376551)   #98
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The one thing the French do that is truly VILE is that awful tripe sausage ..... Andouillette. I can eat most things but that just makes me feel sick.
I've never had an andouillette, nor have I seen or heard of it until now, but is looks absolutely awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Yeah, I've tried to like andouillette and have eventually figured that smothering even the five star variants in mustard to make it palatable isn't really the way forward.

That said I did encounter an even more challenging fishy version of it a couple of years ago in China which made the French offering seem like a food of the gods...
The Chinatown in Vancouver sold something very similar... smelled terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Sandwich americain is a favourite! I expect to have that at least 2-3 times during the week. With merguez, of course....
True "American sandwiches" aren't that great, IMO. Maybe I'm just used to them and got bored. Merguez is great!