View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3033112)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Bella, with the "I'll put super-unleaded in every few tankfulls" routine, I think you're getting confused with the procedure when genuine leaded four star was becoming scarce. (Not something that you'll remember personally, but maybe a story from your parents?)
haha no, i'm quite old too. we didn't have an unleaded car for quite a while, it was only with the dodgy 1.6 ford orion that unleaded happened for us as a family

i was purely thinking in terms of diluting the additives and that sort of thing. me putting 99 and 95 in probably comes to a happy medium the car wouldn't be too anxious about

the irony is i drive like a grandma, i just fancied getting as much for my money as i could. it was either a 2 litre petrol with *all* the toys or a 2 litre diesel with *some* of the toys plus an engine and a set of filters that would more than likely not agree with my driving style. hence i find myself trying to establish the daily grind of petrol engines

interesting on the economy figures andrewc supplies though - those extra miles can be quite important at the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
But it's not a high performance engine is it? It's a mass production 2 litre with a turbo and a new ecu map. It's mildly tuned at best - we're not talking supercar or massively tuned to the limits screamer here are we? (No offence Bella - I'm not trying to belittle your shiny new purchase)
none taken - it's a purchase i somewhat stumbled into because of the above mentioned price/toys/value equation. it's something i can either hang onto till it explodes, or sell off in 6 months if it isn't sustainable in terms of fuel bills. in the meantime i want to make sure i get the most from it both as a car, and preserve it as an investment. its been treated very well by its previous owner, so it's a very nice little car.

Last edited by bella; 29 Feb 2012 at 17:03.