View Single Post
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3300994)   #7
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a Ferrari fan, I find it despicable and totally classless. Most sports fans I know, or at least the ones I choose to associate with, congratulate & compliment the victor no matter how hard it is to swallow.

At the end of the race Alonso stood there and waited for Seb to get out of the car so he could shake his hand and offer his congratulations on a well deserved victory. That behaviour should have carried over to the fans & haters who seemed to be more wrapped up in “it should have been, (insert favourite driver here) who won the race” than applauding the winner.

This Seb hatred seems to be growing amongst those who grasp for straws when picking a DOTR by choosing ANYBODY who had a few good laps whilst overwhelming choosing Seb’s team as the TOTR. How does that work? Oh I get it, “Seb has no talent, it’s all about Newey, the car and the team, he led from pole, he was unchallenged, any git could drive the RB9 to victory, team orders, it's bad for the sport, bla, bla, bla…”

…unless of course it was (insert favourite driver here) driving another car in the identical circumstances, then it would have been “a brilliant drive in that dog of a car, DOTR, amazing”…utter rubbish.

It is too bad people let their jealousy get in the way of what Vettel has accomplished in such a short time even if they don’t like it, instead of shedding tears or anger for what could have been or should have been, (their thoughts, not mine) for (insert favourite driver here).

I root for Ferrari every race and get extremely disappointed when things don’t go “our” way, but I appreciate, admire and applaud success when it doesn’t come at the expense of someone else’s extreme misfortune. Getting beat fairly & squarely is hardly a reason to loathe and boo someone. It is the behaviour of a jealous poor sport. I sincerely hope the FIA brings the post-race interviews back indoors with no audience. The boo-birds don’t deserve an opportunity to show their lack of class.

Congratulations Seb from this Tifosi on a fine race and superb victory. Hopefully we’ll get you next race!