View Single Post
Old 13 May 2017, 10:01 (Ref:3733159)   #44
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how many shelf company's are there , to set up a racing team:

Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
It is in fact VERY CLEAR that the parent of Walkinshaw Racing is SCOTT CORPORATION P/L. I do not know how you missed it.

That company has other subsidiaries including Chemtrans P/L, Bulktrans P/L and others.

The parent company of Scott Corporation is K & S Freighters P/L which we have all seen their trucks on Australian roads.

Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell
Correct. I should have remembered that, given my sister worked for Gary at the time.

Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
It is in fact VERY CLEAR that the parent of Walkinshaw Racing is SCOTT CORPORATION P/L. I do not know how you missed it.
The Walkinshaw Racing Wikipedia article lists Ryan Walkinshaw as the team principal, with no mention of Scott Corporation. Not sure where google was getting its information, but if you now type 'Walkinshaw racing' into google.com.au, the offending text no longer comes up, so presumably has been fixed.
Today 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I always thought the purchase was made end of 99 / early 2000?
In December 1999 Fred Gibson sold Gibson Motorsport to Garry Dumbrell (Paul and Lucas' father). In December 2000 Dumbrell sold the team. It was reported that Gibson had purchased the team back lock, stock and barrel.Drive.com.au 4 January 2001

But as it later transpired, Gibson had only purchased the franchise with the team purchased by Bob Forbes. Gibson's role with the team was as an employee and landlord, but not as team owner. Ford, who were the team's primary sponsor, were kept in the dark about the arrangement and presumably was why they cut their funding and rehoused Lowndes at the end of 2002. Fred Gibson & Noel Watson vs Bob Forbes court action ruling

also add Longhurst and Team Dynamic

So who owns cars, equipment , merchandise, plant, facilities, transporters, and the biggest question,
Who Owns the Drivers names on the Merchandise ?
The Driver, The team, Supercars.

footnote:

I was involved with Junior AFl in QLD for 12 years, when we wanted to buy junior jerseys, we meet a lot of conditions. We could buy some of the clubs, but not all, as the license agreements weren't with the clubs but with AFL
The AFL held rights over some clubs , VFl others

Who owns Who , and who has the rights to a name , a signature , a picture .

Last edited by fomoco; 13 May 2017 at 10:02. Reason: auto correct