View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2007, 07:14 (Ref:2087698)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by indycool
I really don't know, mountainstar. You hafta add up a lot of things to make it a possibility, not even a probability. If Newman retires....Lanigan has always been close to the Hulman-George family and has maintained his suite at Indy and he and Haas went in with Mari Hulman George for Kyle Krisiloff's one-season Busch deal....Haas has been back to Indy twice before during the split....the issues of Ralph Hansen, one of the top sponsor-seekers in the game, selling a sponsorship that does or does not include Indy...the issues with CC. And I've thought it was a possibility the last couple years and I know Haas had at least one serious conversation about it before the 2007 season. And that's a team that stays VERY quiet. I doubt if I know, or BELIEVE I know, which way that team's going to go much before they show up at either Homestead or Long Beach.
So it's just a wild guess. They are not going anywhere.

Lanigan may be close to the georges but not close enough to switch his Mi Jack backing from the irl to CART in 2002 and buy Houston and Cleveland. I doubt he would underpin his 2 races by pulling his own race team out.

Haas has the panoz distributorship for dp 01 parts. The krisiloff deal is over.

I don't know what you have there that is solid. It's easier to say Rahal may not turn up in the irl next year with their issues.