View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3810160)   #1424
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Or more recently the Felipe Massa 2009 Hungarian GP incident, when his skull was fractured by a small object thrown up off of Barichello's Brawn.
To be fair, that was a spring from the rear suspension of the Brawn, and it wasn't small at all. That's why it did so much damage.

The halo isn't designed to stop small bits hitting the visor - that's why the visors themselves have been strengthened over the years.

I know it's aesthetically displeasing, but given a set problem of "stop stuff bigger than X hitting the helmet from any direction" it seems to fulfil the brief. If the brief was "stop anything hitting the helmet from any direction" then the only solution would be a canopy.

I think it looks rubbish, but then I thought the stepped noses looked rubbish and I soon stopped caring about them. Both were a case of function over form.