View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2015, 17:18 (Ref:3555645)   #10
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still cannot get my head around why they are trying to fix something that essentially isn't broken?

One of the reasons that I have got back into sports car racing over the last couple of years is the diversity of the technology and cars. I really don't want to see fifteen pretty much identical cars racing each other - F1 gives you that now. I would rather have ten cars with different solutions to the issue presented and lets see which one works the best.

I understand the implications of spiralling costs but there has to be a better way of policing the whole thing than saying that you have to pick one chassis from four and, by the way, you have to use the engine that we give you and you can't modify anything and you can't improve the package if you do happen to find something different that might work!

The best racing comes from producing a set of rules and then saying to people who want to race 'these are the parameters, now it's your job to go out and buy or design, build and then race your chosen ideas and may the best man win!

As has been shown many times over the last three decades, too much meddling from rule makers and people who have vested interests in things other than the sport, always manage to ruin any series. You only have to look at the history of endurance racing & F1 to see just how many times it is possible to f*** it up - fortunately the best teams and racers usually resurface somewhere - lets hope that at some point someone sees sense and rescues LMP2 before it implodes.