View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2008, 03:45 (Ref:2107750)   #74
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
Why, thank you for the compliment! Except it was not me who was trumpeting that the winner of Atlantic would have $2 million to put toward a CC ride, or $2 million to take to the team he signs with, etc. If it wasn't to be $2 million in the form of cash, cashier's check, money order or S & H Greenstamps, why then was the dollar sign in use? When you say "two million dollars" and write "two million dollars" in press releases and in fact I think when Matos won the championship they even gave him one of those great big checks like they do in the PGA or the Pro Bowler's Tour and it had "Two Million Dollars" written on it. Based on all of that, why I can see where the Great Unwashed out here would be thinking: "They must be giving him $2 million towards his CC ride!" BUT NO! Of Course They Are Not Really Giving Him Two Million Dollars! They are just saying that! He should be darn happy to have that big honkin' cardboard check! People in the know were able to discern that a mile away, they just never have bothered to mention it here in the span of time from when he won it to when he realized it wasn't worth the cardboard it was written on.

Further, neither I nor anyone else said anything about the award being a full ride. If (and I have no reason to doubt what Team Owner stated) it is true that the activation fee was $3.2 million in the form of sponsorship the driver has to secure, the driver was in effect given squat.

Every Tristan, Katherine and Bobby looking for a ride in CC knows they need to find at least that much...
Unbelievable. There again it's a prize to help you move up the ladder to champcar. They are giving you $2 million dollars. For a champcar ride. Been the case since day 1! What are you *****ing about?

It's up to the DRIVER to negotiate his own ride. Maybe he did have to find another $3.2 mil. But since team owner was not aparty to every negotiation between every team, we'll have to take that at face value, a rumored one figure from one team.

The DRIVER was not given SQUAT! He was given $2 mil towards a champcar ride which is a good headstart.

What this proves to me is that you will complain no matter what. What if no prize existed at all? What if it was a full ride with a $1 million dollar paycheck? You would still complain and complain and complain.