View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2903014)   #12
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
I too don't want to rain on his parade, but personally I disregard all reverse grid wins in whatever series when I'm reflecting on the season, be it British F3, GP2 etc. I know the teams and drivers seem to want reverse grid races, but I don't think mediocrity should be rewarded in series that are supposed to find F1 drivers of the future. Keep them to artificial entertainment racing like BTCC if it must exist.
I'm a racing purist, so I agree. Forgetting the BTCC, where they're just to create some more panel-bashing mayhem, reverse grid races are there to give a driver who wouldn't otherwise have much chance of winning a race the opportunity to do so. Simple as that.

In the Sunoco Rolex Daytona Challenge they count races 1 and 3 for points, which tells it's own story. Incidentally, Felipe Nasr is currently leading that too. http://www.sunocodaytonachallenge.co...ird_place.html