View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2017, 19:44 (Ref:3740043)   #49
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, quite right, Croix en Ternois is a good place for historics. The track could be improved but the ambiance is fantastic and the spectators have a good view because they are standing above the track. Thanks to you, Bauble knows we have sheeps and monkeys down here!!
Hi, Grant, I know its not really the place but find the Chaparral was wonderful too. The Howmet is great looking, simple and clean design very compact too, like the first Lola coupés.
In period Le Mans inspired some fascinating machine. You can find the pictures of the AM ford, posted by Mike in the Jarama thread.
Because Le Mans is within one week, may be James could find interesting to open a thread about fantastic (or strange or funny or ugly of course!) machines we saw during this race. Or during the week before… I vote for Ecosse Ford (so tiny) and Sigma (Mazda too noisy, drivers too slow)!
Croix en Ternois has had a few upgrades in the last two or three years - I believe it is even a few metres longer after some alterations to the third hairpin.

You're right about the ambience though; the people who run the circuit are a good bunch too & the new circuit manager is a former F3 racer.