Thread: IMSA: USCR 2018
View Single Post
Old 23 Dec 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3788810)   #1505
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
It can, and it(partially) was. By limiting things in the gearbox it doesn't take away the torque, but it limits their ability to use it. I forget the specifics, but one of the rounds of BoP did alter the Caddilac gearbox specifically to tackle the torque advantage, and it was indeed at that point that things started looking far more balanced.
If am I not wrong, mandatory gears ratios have been introduced at detroit, and a cadillac dpi won however.
I explain better what I mean for "bop can't kill torque".
In a turbo engine can be decreased or increased the torque release just setting X turbo boost at X rpm; this way, you can basically design the torque curve you wish.
In a NA you can use air restrictors, but you just will obtain a torque reduction at high-end rpm. Low-mid rpm torque release will remain almost untouched. That's what I mean for "bop can't kill torque".

That's why to me NA max displacement should be set to 5.5L. This way torque release should be in the 650Nm range, like nissan and HPD V6 motors.