View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2932662)   #160
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
1) I think the BBC will cut back further and their coverage will go backwards

2) Sky aren't going to rest on their laurels. They will innovate. Take cricket, for instance. Channel 4 took it forward after snatching the rights from the BBC, but Sky have taken it further again

My only concern is that Sky Go, Sky's live streaming service which will be my only way of accessing Sky when I'm in uni, is only free up until February 2012 with no word on whether it'll continue to be free after (i.e. they're probably going to charge). In which case, I have no legal access, and I can't be bothered streaming it illegally as that's just too much of a hassle
Only problems is that F1 is in the dark ages as regards TV and media- FOM didn't recognize the power/potential of the internet, thought HD was an unneccesary expense and believes restricting broadcasters rights to use of footage (to protect F1 revenue) is the way to go rather than letting broadcasters innovate.