View Single Post
Old 1 Dec 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3480708)   #1
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans-based charitable ideas

Hi guys

As some of you may remember, we had a little girl in September who was born very unwell, and not really given a great deal of hope for survival. However due to the huge efforts of both Colchester and Addenbrookes hospitals, she has not only survived, but actually thrived. We were signed off by Addenbrookes the week before last, with a pretty much perfect recovery. To say we are very lucky would be an understatement. Gratuitous photo below....

Obviously we could never thank both of those hospitals enough, nor the Sick Children's Trust, from whom we were given a room in their facility at Addenbrookes for the duration of Aoife's stay - a massive, massive help at a time like that. Soooo... how do you thank them? By helping raise funds.

I am looking for ideas to try and raise a serious amount of cash for these organisations, and am trying to think how best to integrate Le Mans in to that equation! A million and one people sign up to marathons etc. (not knocking them when I say that!), and a good friend of ours held a hugely successful ball last year for her chosen charities and we don't want to go down that route as a result.

So I'm opening the floor to you guys for ideas - I'm not asking for any more than that (although if something does start to take shape I may shout out for any contacts that might be able to help pull things together).

My starter for ten is to take the marathon idea a step further and do 24 hours of running around the circuit! To say that would be a challenge for me would be an understatement - my current running is about 5K every other day..... But hey, where there's a will and the chance of raising lots and lots of money, there's a way!

Over to you......