View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 09:05 (Ref:3723673)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit late to this topic as I haven't been on the forum much over the weekend. I'm actually pretty surprised that the MSA have taken action following the incident at a non-UK track day. Given how public the fallout was though, perhaps they had no choice but to act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
The Mini seemed to do okay with Guy Wilkes....
Not defending Liam, but this isn't really a fair comparison. When Wilks posted a decent result in the MINI, the 1.6L cars were still on a level playing field with the 2.0L cars. Remember that Liam took a win on the first outing with the car (though I admit the conditions played a big part in that)

As a 1.6L the car was decent. Even with the weight penalty last year Liam managed to do OK (look at semi-final 2 in Germany). The transition to 2.0L is where it all went wrong. I personally think JRM underestimated just how much engineering was required for the transition. The 2.0L engine they picked never seemed to work properly either. Would love to be a fly on the wall at JRM and see exactly what has/is happening there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhuette
No, I was at Goodwood and it was an electric issue. Lots of excuses over how busy they had been, but it really makes no difference in motorsports - either you run or you don't run.
I believe the car ran out of fuel half way up the hill, it was openly discussed on Facebook (by Liam). I think they said "electrical issue" on the day to save a bit of face?

As others have already said, the LD Motorsport DS3's were very quick that first year, but the team seemed to grow too quickly the subsequent year. I personally think that Liam is a talent behind the wheel, but he does seem to have a habit of acting like a tit in front of people!